Check MEPCO Bill Online November 2023
Have you yet to receive your MEPCO electricity bill for November or have you lost it? No worries, checkmepcobill.pk provides an easy & free solution to check MEPCO bill online.
Simply enter your 14-digit reference number to check or download the duplicate copy of your bill.
Receive MEPCO Web Bill As An Email
It is sometimes necessary to save your bill for later use. A hard copy, however, is not a good option if you need it frequently. While anyone can access it easily from their inbox. We provide a free solution to receive your latest WAPDA bill in your email inbox instantly. Monthly Bill Subscription can also be availed through checkmepcobill.pk for free.
So, enter your reference number, email and select bill type to receive your bill copy in your inbox.
If you want to calculate your electricity bill, please try our MEPCO Bill Calculator.
How to Check Bill Payment Status
We are thrilled to introduce an exciting new feature on checkmepcobill.pk! You can now easily check your previous bill payment status with just a few clicks. Simply visit the MEPCO Bill History to access your last 12 months’ bill information.
This includes details such as your bill amount, payment status (paid amount) , and units consumed for each respective month. Take a look at the image below to understand on how to check your bill payment status and other important bill information. Stay informed and manage your bills effortlessly with checkmepcobill.pk!
Note: You can only check your previous 12 months’ bill information through this. For current bill payment status, please use any banking application.
Receive MEPCO Bill As SMS
MEPCO also provides bill information to its customers through SMS. So, you can access your bill through SMS as well. In order to get your bill information as SMS, just Type ‘pitc<space><14 digit reference number>’ and send it to 8334.
How to check and print MEPCO Bill Online
It has been observed that the hard copy of the WAPDA electricity bill arrives just one or two days before the due date. So, sometimes it becomes difficult to pay the bill within the due date. Therefore, you must pay a late surcharge to pay the bill after the due date.
But, now, you don’t have to pay a late surcharge because your bill becomes available online a little earlier. At checkmepcobill.pk, you can check your electricity bill online. You can also download or print your bill copy and use it to pay your bill.
Additionally, you can also get your bill copy as an email to your inbox instantly which no other bill-checking tool provides. So, bookmark this website to check your bill online every month.
Now, let us guide you on how you can use this tool.
- To check your bill online, just enter your 14-digit reference number without any space in the above form.
- Click the check bill button to check your bill.
- If you see an error ‘Bill Not Found’, then either you have entered the reference number incorrectly or you have selected the wrong bill type.
- To download or print your bill, click on the print button or press Ctrl+p.
- If you want to save the bill as PDF then select ‘save as PDF’ from the destination dropdown.
- If you want to print your bill, select the attached printer and click on the print button.
MEPCO (Multan Electric Power Company) was founded on 14th May 1998. It’s the largest power distribution company in Pakistan and covers 13 districts of southern Punjab. It is liscensed by NEPRA. MEPCO generates electricity through water (hydroelectric power).
Areas Under MEPCO:
MEPCO is responsible to distribute energy to 13 districts of south Punjab. If you live in any of the following listed districts then you are a MEPCO consumer.
|Bahawalpur||Rahim Yar khan||Bahawalnagar|
|Sahiwal||Rajanpur||Dera Ghazi Khan|
Guidelines For Saving Electricity And Reducing your Bill
Are you tired of paying high electricity bills? If so, these guidelines will help you cut your bill significantly.
- Turn off extra lights.
- Use fluorescent lamps instead of conventional lamps.
- Minimize the use of high-power-consuming devices such as air conditioners, electric heaters, water pumps, microwave ovens, and washing machines.
- Use minimal electricity between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Always set the air conditioner thermostat to 26 degrees.
- Use low-power consumption machines in industries.
- Always use quality cables for wiring
- Unplug the charger when the mobile is fully charged.
Install TOU/TOD meter
The TOU/TOD meter has different rates per unit (Tariff) for Peak hours and off-peak hours. So, you can reduce your bill by using less energy during Peak hours. So, If your meter is not a TOU/TOD meter then you can apply for it by submitting an application in your respective subdivision.
|December to February||5 pm to 9 pm|
|March to May||6 pm to 10 pm|
|June to August||7 pm to 11 pm|
|September to November||6 pm to 10 pm|
Consumers’ Safety Guidelines By MEPCO
Today our life is incomplete without electricity, but if used carelessly, electricity can prove dangerous for us. A little carelessness can lead to tragedy. It is very important to observe all the safety measures to avoid any unpleasant incident. So, follow these guidelines issued by MEPCO
- If you see a power line lying on the ground, please inform the nearest complaint center immediately. You can also call the MEPCO helpline at 061-9220169
- Never use power cables for hanging clothes.
- Animals should not be tied to electricity poles
- Always use quality cables for wiring
- Try to use a three-pin shoe for all types of electrical appliances.
- The naked wires should be repaired immediately.
- God forbid, If a person gets entangled with electricity, a wooden rod should be used to get him free
- Never touch any electric appliance when your hands or clothes are wet.
Customer Complaint Management System
The Ministry of Energy has developed an online system called Customer Complaint Management System (CCMS). It’s a 24/7 available online desk. Through this, you can register a complaint, track your complaint, verify your mepco connection and see the details of your feeder like load shedding schedule.
How to Check Load Shedding Schedule
Electricity load-shedding has become a major problem for Pakistan especially when it is unannounced. People have to suffer a lot because all our work requires electricity.
But now you can see the schedule of load shedding of your city, feeder, and grid station. You can even find the load-shedding schedule by entering your 14-digit reference number. Following are the steps to use CCMS for checking the load-shedding schedule.
- Visit the CCMS site.
- Click on feeder details.
- In the search bar, enter your 14-digit reference number and click the search button. You‘ll find the complete schedule of load shedding of your feeder. The ‘OFF’ against the time indicates that the feeder will be off during that time.
- If you want to search by city or grid station, then click on ‘search by city, gird, feeder’ and enter the respective details to proceed.
Register and Track Complaints
You can also register a complaint against MEPCO at CCMS. You will also be able to track your complaint using the same system. If you want to register a complaint, then these are the steps.
- Visit the CCMS site.
- Click on the Register Complaint.
- First, you need to verify that you are a registered MEPCO consumer. You can verify that either by your registered mobile number or your 14-digit reference number. Select the search criteria. i.e mobile number or reference number
- Enter your mobile number or reference number based on your selection in step 3.
- If you are a registered MEPCO consumer, your details will be populated in the Customer info section
- Enter your complaint in Complaint Detail Section.
- Click the Register Complaint button and that’s it.
- To track your complaint, click on ‘Track by Reference’ from the navigation bar.
- Enter your reference number and click the search button. You will be shown the status of your complaint.
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 24 hours and the investigation will be started. Your complaint will be resolved within 14 days.
Extension Of Due Date Of MEPCO Bill
Sometimes it happens that you couldn’t pay the MEPCO bill within the due date and you have to pay the late surcharge for paying after the due date.
But if you don’t want to pay the late surcharge, you can apply for an extension on the due date. Only a few officers of MEPCO have the right to extend the due date of customers. Their rights also vary according to your bill amount and the extension you need.
Here are the details of MEPCO officers whom you can contact to extend your due date.
- AMO (Assistant Manager Operation) can extend the due date by 3 days for bills upto R.s 10,000
- DMO (Deputy Manager Operation) can extend the due date by 3 days for bills upto R.s 25,000
- MO (Manager Operation) can extend the due date by 5 days for bills upto R.s 200,000
- CE/CSD (Chief Engineer/ Customer Services Director) can extend the due date by 5 days for bills upto R.s 500,000
- CEO (chief executive officer) can extend the due date by 10 days for any amount of the bill.
MEPCO Bill Installment Procedure
Electricity prices are increasing every other day and everyone is worried because of high electricity bills. If you don’t pay your bill, your connection would be suspended. But sometimes your electricity bill is too high to pay in one go. Therefore, MEPCO has introduced an installment facility for consumers. In this way, you will be able to pay your bill in installments.
Here are the details of MEPCO officers whom you can contact to apply for installments.
- AMO (Assistant Manager Operation) can allow 3 installments for bills up to Rs 10,000 for running connection and up to Rs 20,000 for disconnected connection.
- DMO (Deputy Manager Operation) can allow 3 installments for bills up to Rs 2,00,000 for running connection and up to Rs 100,000 for disconnected connection.
- MO (Manager Operation) can allow 4 installments for bills up to Rs 2,00,000 for running connection and up to Rs 5,00,000 for disconnected connection.
- CE/CSD (Chief Engineer/ Customer Services Director) can allow 12 installments for running connection and 6 installments for disconnected connection for bills up to Rs.10,00,000.
- CEO (chief executive officer) : Full Powers.
Taxes In WAPDA Electricity Bill
Apart from high electricity rates, you also pay many taxes on your MEPCO bill. The detail of taxes is as follows:
Fuel Price Adjustment (FPA) is decided by Nepra based on the difference in fuel prices and generation mix. If the fuel cost in a specific month is more than the reference cost, then an average amount is added to the bill of all consumers. If the fuel cost is less than the reference cost then an average amount is subtracted from the bill of all consumers.
The Financing Cost Surcharge is applicable to all consumers at the rate of 43 paise per unit. The collection of the Financing Cost Surcharge is used in the repayment of the loans.
Rs.35 is added to your MEPCO bill to generate funds for Pakistan Television(PTV).
QUARTERLY TARIFF ADJUSTMENT
QUARTERLY TARIFF ADJUSTMENT is not applied every month but usually every 3 months
17% of the cost of electricity is added to your bill as General sales tax (GST).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
You can use any online application like JazzCash or Easypaisa to check whether your latest bill is paid or not. These applications can also be used for electricity bill payment.I don’t have an old MEPCO bill, how can I find my reference number to check the bill?
Your reference number is the same on all your old bills. You can find your reference number through any of your old bills. If you don’t have any old bills then you can check your reference number through CCMS by entering your registered mobile number.how can I apply for bill correction?
You can call on 061-9220169 for bill correction.
Is there any mepco information System?
Yes, MEPCO MIS is an online information desk which can be accessed by mepco employees.
No, you can’t check the bill with your CNIC number. You need your reference number or consumer Id to check your bill online.how can I get my old MEPCO bill?
Does checkmepcobill.pk provide other WAPDA bills ?
Yes, apart from mepco online bills, checkmepcobill.pk also provide FESCO Bill and LESCO Bill.
Is there any mobile app for checking online bills ?
Yes, checkmepcobill.pk has android mobile app which can be downloaded from Google play store or Huawei app store.